Are you aware that every thought you think either takes you towards your goals or away from your goals? Every. Single. Thought. I was forced to learn this lesson after years of undisciplined thinking resulted in me losing confidence in my skills and abilities and finding myself in a financial black hole. This is after years of abundance created by undisciplined positive thinking (I was a happy child and teenager hence by default my thoughts were always cheery 🙂 )
Right now you are where your previous thoughts have brought you, and you’re headed where your current thoughts are taking you. If you want a better life than you are currently experiencing you will have to improve your thinking. Upgrade your thinking for your next level.
Your Thoughts Betray You
How scary would it be if other people could see the thoughts that run through your head on a daily basis? Well here’s the thing, they can clearly see the results of the thoughts you have been thinking. For example, a poor person is displaying the results of negative and scarcity laden thoughts and an overweight person is displaying thoughts of laxity and indiscipline. Your life is as good as the dominating thoughts in your head. We may not be able to see your thoughts, but the evidence of your thoughts is out here for us to see.
Renew your mind – Think Differently
Knowing how important your thoughts are, you have to be very intentional about what you think. Choosing thoughts that empower you and propel you towards your goals is one of the easiest and most effective actions you can take to change your life. You have to be the one in charge of your thoughts. Don’t automatically think thoughts fed to you by your environment, i.e. friends and family, social media, traditional media e.t.c. Be deliberate about using your thinking to create the life you desire.
How can you do this?
- Read books by positive minds that will help change your thinking, for example the bible, biographies of people you admire and Self development books
- Surround yourself with positive people that are doing better than you. If everyone in your circle is more successful than you you will upgrade your thinking to their level
- Spend time visualizing about achieving your goals and living your ideal lifestyle
- Ask yourself empowering questions e.g. why do I want to achieve particular goals or how can achieve my desires
- Recite affirmations and prayers that build your faith and confidence.
Reverse the consequences of Negative Thinking
How can you reverse the effects of Negative and Undisciplined thinking? The good news is that starting right now you can begin creating a new life by thinking better thoughts.
- Decide to think as God told us to think, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
- Whenever you think a negative thought cancel it immediately by replacing it with a positive thought. For example, if you see a beautiful dress and a thought crosses your mind that you can’t afford it, replace it immediately by affirming what Joseph Murphy suggests: God is my instant and everlasting supply and I will get that dress by diving order. Each time a negative thought comes up you cancel it and they will start reducing in number.
Don’t take your thinking for granted, you are literally what you think.