Birthday Goal Setting
Birthdays are a great time to reflect on your life and choose goals that would help you have a better year than the last. This October I turned 37. My 36th year was not pretty; I was unemployed, uninspired and depressed for most of it.
I must do things differently. I’ve wasted precious years not savouring my blessings and living my best life. This year every single day that I live will be awesome by design. My life will be what I want it to be and I will live it how I choose.
My theme for this year is shameless. I will do what I want and go after what I want shamelessly. The first step I took was to set goals for my 38th year using information gleaned from the 100-day challenge by Gary Ryan Blair, Youtuber Aaron Doughty and Jon and Missy Butcher’s Lifebook.
Jon and Missy Butcher suggest that you set goals in 12 areas of your life (Health and Fitness, your Intellectual Life, your Emotional Life, your Character, your Spiritual Life, your Love Relationships, Parenting, Social Life, Financial, Career, Quality of Life, and Life Vision).
I set goals in all the 12 categories, but I have three areas of critical focus: My finances, My Career and My Character.
GOAL SETTING PROCESS
During the process of setting goals, I went through the below process.
- I went through all the 12 areas of the lifebook and unmasked and netutralised my limiting beliefs. (I will cover this process in a different post)
- Next i wrote down everything that i want in each life category. Be like a kid who believes anything is possible. Ask your inner child what they desire in each area. Write down your deepest desires.
- Write your goal in specific, measurable and time-bound language. e.g. “my goal is to bank 5000 usd a month by March 15th”
- Ask yourself why you must achieve each goal. This is the purpose behind the vision. Why do I want that? What am I going to gain if I achieve that, and what am I going to lose if I don’t? Gary Blair states that purpose is important because it’s what makes you get up in the morning and do the work to change your life.
- Write down your strategies to achieve each goal. I identified 5 action steps for each of my goals.
- Finally, I thought about who i would need to be to be the person that has achieved all my goals. What time does the kenyangal in my dream wake up, what does she eat, how does she speak, walk, eat e.t.c. to achieve my goals I have to be that person everyday. I learned this from Aaron Doughty. Many people recommend acting as if you have achieved as goal. This is one step better: Being as if.
To summarise, these are my goals for my 38th Year.
Kenyangal’s 38th Year Goals
- I will easily bank 5000 dollars a month by February 28th, 2020 through my writing and business.
- I will easily pray, meditate and read the bible daily.
- I will easily socialize with a friend once a week and with family once a week
- I will easily read and summarise one book a week
- I will easily maintain a constant daily vibration of joy and love
- I will easily weigh 69 kgs by September 30th 2020
- I will easily get engaged to my soulmate (MK or someone better) by December 31st 2020
- I will easily connect with my nieces and nephews once a week.
- I will easily relocate to Canada by September 30th 2020
Who must I be daily to achieve my goals.
I am Mrs. MK (MK is the man I have a crush on and would love to marry 😊) These are the qualities I need to display on a daily basis to achieve my goals this year.
1. I must be Prayerful and Spiritually Connected
2. I must be Successful, Wealthy and Abundant
3. I must be Fun, Playful and Joyful
4. I must be Healthy, Fit and Beautiful
5. I must be Loving, Generous, Compassionate, Forgiving
6. I must be Righteous, Honest and always do the right thing
7. I must be Bold and Shameless
8. I must be Fearless
9. I must be Committed and Persistent
11. I must be Self-Controlled and Disciplined
Well, A very Happy Birthday to me and may I achieve all I aim for this year. I will constantly update this post with my results.